Walking In Heels Like A Pro: Universal Do's and Don'ts
Posted on 06 March 2018
Whether it’s your first time walking in heels or you’ve been doing it for a while, there’s always improvements that can make your walk look more natural.
- Make sure your shoes fit first! If they are too big or too tight you’ll have a much harder time feeling comfortable in them (let alone walking in them)
- Keep your shoulders back and head up. By not being hunched over you’ll look ten times as confident
- Walk forward by putting your heel down before your toe
- Take smaller/shorter steps than you usually would
- Let your hips swing side to side a little bit
- Walking on stairs: place the heel and toe on the step at the same time
- Walking on grass: put more weight on your toe than on the heel
- Locking your knees
- Putting your whole foot down at once as if you are in flats
- Taking long strides
Overall, practice makes perfect. Make your living room or kitchen your runway a couple of weeks before your special day in order to make sure you look like a natural. Check out our selection of heels if you’d like to add to your collection or want to get started!
When Joining Beauty Pageants Is One of Your Dream Goals
Have you ever thought of becoming a part of a prestigious pageant competition across the country? Pageants provi...
What Type of Dress Looks Best on Your Body Type?
Whether you’re the one who has had prom in mind the minute you entered high school, or the one looking forward to the...
You Should Start Prom Dress Shopping Now, And Here's Why!
Whether it's your last prom or your first you desire it to be nothing short of perfect, and why shouldn't i...